Paradox Role Plays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spaceballs: The Roleplay. ....No, wait, that's not right....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shifting Sands OOC

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime10/12/2010, 11:58 pm

Howdy! This thread is for anything you wish to discuss OOC (out of character) about the game, your current quest, or anything else. If you have need of assistance in the game, you can ask here for help. I will also post any game-wide announcements here, so make sure to pay attention to this thread!

Also, please post your character sheets/quest requests here, and note that you can make characters and everything now, but you cannot start playing until I give the go-ahead.
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 9:14 pm

Name: Cojisto
Hometown: Rednell
Class: Pugilist
Element: Metal
Sub-Element: Chi, Thunder
Stats:
STR: 1 + 3 = 4
MAG: 3 + 1 = 4
SKL: 1 + 2 = 3
SPD: 2 + 3 = 5
DEF: 2 + 2 = 4
RES: 2 + 1 = 3
Spells: Flash (Metal *), Serenity (Chi *), Glide (Thunder *)
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 9:15 pm

I should note two things here:

First, I will be setting your avatar for you; everyone's avatar is their in-game sprite (seen on the Character Creation page). This makes my life much easier.

Second, with respect to the first point, if you would like your avatar/sprite's colors different than what they are, just let me know and I will change them for you.

Rust, when I get around to posting you in the Player Characters section, you will see your present there.
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 10:05 pm

Name: Dyviltsi
Hometown: Graw
Class: Cavalier
Element: Fire
Sub-Element: Dark
Stats:
STR: 5
DEF: 3
MAG: 4
RES: 3
SKL: 3
SPD: 5
Spells: Broil (Fire **), Ocular (Dark *), Deluminate (Dark *)

Could I also, perchance, possibly, have Dyviltsi's armour made dark brown and his cape/trim made dark green, pleasings and thankings?
Back to top Go down
finalfight

finalfight

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 10:48 pm

Name: Wade
Class: Myrmidon
Element: Water
Sub-Element: Dark
Hometown: Graw, Ambersol
Stats:
STR: 2+3 = 5
MAG: 1
SKL: 2+2 = 4
SPD: 3+3 = 6
DEF: 2+2 = 4
RES: 1+2 = 3
Spells: Disorient(Water *), Furor(Dark *), Deluminate(Dark *)
Items: Slim Sword, Earth Orb, Herb Extract

In terms of coloring, I'd prefer to have the main body green with a black cape if possible.

Last edited by finalfight on 27/3/2012, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 11:01 pm

I COULD add a cape onto the sprite, but I really don't want to spend the time to do so, sorry. =/

SO! Would you prefer a black tunic with green headband, pants, and shoes; or a green tunic with black accessories?
Back to top Go down
finalfight

finalfight

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 11:08 pm

Sorry about that, was looking at Tiger's sprite >_< Green with a black headband please.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime26/3/2012, 11:20 pm

All sprites thus far have been updated; the characters will be approved and posted tomorrow, because my bed is too comfortable and I'm falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime27/3/2012, 6:08 pm

Smithy's computer killed itself, so he probably won't be able to do anything until tomorrow.

/update.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime28/3/2012, 4:05 pm

New computer is all set and ready to go. However, before I get back into this, I'm in the process of transferring my old hard drive to this computer. Once everything's set up and good to go, I'll post the characters and all that good stuff. It'll be tonight, probably after dinner.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime28/3/2012, 8:15 pm

All characters have been updated in the Character Creation section.

For those returning to the game, your characters are as close to your originals as I could get from looking over the Archive. You have each also been set to 50 EXP, 500 Gold, your weapons and health have been returned to perfect condition, and you've been given a set of Herb Extracts in addition to what you already had.

Finalfight, if you want to choose a quest from the list that sounds good to you and post it here, that would be appreciated.

We will be starting by Friday at the latest.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime28/3/2012, 8:49 pm

I will now use my Jedi mind trick: ~This is not a triple post~

Ahem, anyway, I wanted to go over some quick notes, including a minor change to the format for you folks who played last time:

First, just so everyone knows, your posts do NOT have to be in the third person, past-tense. You can post in first-person, in present tense, in haiku... pretty much however you want to convey to me what your character is doing. My posts, however, will all be in third-person past-tense no matter what form yours takes. This is just how it's easiest for me to write.

Next, the minor change as mentioned above: I will be starting your quests for you this time. That means that once you pick a quest and post it here in the OOC, you will then see a post from me in the game thread that will get you started. This is to avoid any confusion over how your character comes across the quest.

Thirdly, anyone who played in the last game, you guys can straight up continue where you left off. When I start the game, I will summarize for you where you were and what you were doing so you can continue from there.

And lastly, travel time is going to be pretty much subjective this time around. If I feel like you should be incurred a penalty based on where you're traveling, I will let you know. The only thing that is constant is the penalty for staying at the Inn. If you stay at the Inn, you cannot post again until EITHER 8:00 AM the next morning OR 12 hours have passed (real time), whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime29/3/2012, 3:47 am

Since the 500 gold is like a magical gift dropped into our pockets, and since I get the feeling he'll probably need it immediately, could I perhaps have Dyviltsi's 500 turned into a Fire Orb instead? To save him the trip and potentially death Razz
Back to top Go down
finalfight

finalfight

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime29/3/2012, 9:48 am

I'd like to start with the quest "A Day in the Life".
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime29/3/2012, 8:00 pm

I'd like to start with another arena match, to begin.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime30/3/2012, 4:26 pm

It has begun.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime31/3/2012, 11:23 pm

Dyviltsi wrote:
Since the 500 gold is like a magical gift dropped into our pockets, and since I get the feeling he'll probably need it immediately, could I perhaps have Dyviltsi's 500 turned into a Fire Orb instead? To save him the trip and potentially death Razz

Sorry I never replied to this... lenient as I am, I'm actually going to say no to this one. Simply because you are VERY close to getting into a fight and that would be a bit TOO much Deus Ex Machina-ing for me.
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime1/4/2012, 5:05 am

But the reason I wanted it was because I'm very close to getting into a fight xD

Otherwise I'd have just asked for more money. And maybe a hat.

And luck is good. I was hoping to just mess his stats up or maybe have him fall unconscious half-way through a fight. Thank you D.I.C.E. xD

Edit: I just assumed before, but now I'm doubtful. Does proficiency in a magic school count towards Orbs, or is it only directly for spell usage?
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime2/4/2012, 3:13 pm

I want Purging the Darkness plz
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime5/4/2012, 10:32 pm

My apologies for not posting much recently. Between my car breaking down, all the bullshit that comes along with buying a new one, my knee acting up, and classes on top of that, this week has not been good for me. Rest assured, I will not let this iteration of the RP die as the last one did; as long as you guys keep posting, I will keep replying... even if it takes me a couple days sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime7/4/2012, 7:06 am

Assuming Dyviltsi makes it to Graw, have him hear about Pure Compensation when he gets there.

Also, drawing attention to my previous question about whether Orbs are affected in any way by magical proficiency.
Back to top Go down
finalfight

finalfight

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime7/4/2012, 9:13 am

Quick question, are Shadow and Lug capable of fighting in the current situation? Like would this be a 4v5 battle or a 2v5 battle if I decide to fight?
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime8/4/2012, 8:32 pm

Pure Compensation, gotcha. As for orbs, no, proficiency is solely for determining what spells you can cast. Orbs are just equipment upgrades; some of them have elements associated with them, but all that does is give your weapon a +1 damage boost if you're attacking someone of a weak elemental alignment.

FF, if you decide to fight right now, you run the risk of the bandits flat-out killing Shadow and Lug in response. You're in a situation where it's probably in your best interest to stall for time and wait for your reinforcements. I was in a hurry when I posted, so I didn't really explain it very well, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime13/4/2012, 6:50 pm

The reason I'm holding off on replying for now is because I'm waiting for Patience and/or FF to post. If they don't end up continuing for whatever reason, I'll consider running it with just you two (Tiger and Rust), but I'm gonna give it a couple days first.
Back to top Go down
finalfight

finalfight

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime15/4/2012, 9:31 pm

Sorry for holding things up, didn't realize you'd be waiting on me. I'll make sure not to have anymore long delays. Now to get to typing up that post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shifting Sands OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands OOC   Shifting Sands OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shifting Sands OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next